Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I am more than adequately prepared to rock

Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver:
Gibson Amphitheater, Universal City, CA.

Last night was the 2nd time in a little more than a year that I was fortunate enough to see the band Alice in Chains. This concert was headline by Velvet Revolver, who for the most part I am indifferent too. Our seats were decent. We had a clear view of the stage. However, looking at these pictures makes it look like we were in the nosebleeds. Which wasn't the case at all. The concert was actually pretty awesome. Be a big fan of the "NEW" Alice in Chains is quite rewarding when they deliver on the 2 shows I've seen of theirs. Besides Telegraph Rd, I tied my record for seeing Alice In Chains with my record for seeing Pearl Jam.

My review of the concert, to put it simply, was great. Brother Jim and I were completely sober and rocked out to some of our favorite A.I.C. songs. I started with the Jay Cal-erokie. By singing along to the songs I was most familiar with. I turned around to look at my brother, because I didn't know if he saw me being goofy. And he was singing along too. My brother and I have a lot of things in common and most of the music we listen too is the same. Some of my favorite songs did get played. "What The Hell Have I," "Rain When I Die," "Angry Chair" "Wood?," and "Rooster." Of course there were more songs, but with 4 hours of sleep.
Velvet Revolver was also pretty good. Scott Weiland is quite the entertainer. He reminded me of Mick Jagger. Slash did an awesome job. They covered some STP songs and some Guns 'N Roses songs. VR put on a good show, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. And at points felt completely lost, but not knowing certain songs. But it was a hell of a night and thanks to Brother Jim for making it happen.
I didn't take this picture
I did record a few songs using my digital camera. Doesn't take pictures very well from far away, but I'll be converting these files to WAV. and be enjoying them later. Belove is the video of "Rooster" being performed live. It was brilliant. Unfortunately the video looks like it was shot through the Hubble Telescope. But Enjoy won't you?



No comments:

Search & Win