Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Consider--My Life

Thirty-three.  Just a short few months ago I reached the ripe age of thirty-three.  The number echos in my head from time to time.  I've given thought recently to how old I am.  Not in a sense of my mortality, or like that the end is near, but more at how much I've seen in thirty-three years and how much I haven't seen. There are many things that bring me joy in life.  I have a very supportive family.  My brother is one of my best friends, my sister is an inspiration her kids are amazing, her husband always inquires about my endeavors my nieces and nephews grow up so fast, my Dad is my hero, I still miss my mother, my Daughter motivates me and my Girlfriend is my partner.  I really couldn't ask for anything more from that aspect of my life.  But as a look back just five years ago-- things seemed so different.

Five years ago, my daughter was two, she was so sweet, even back then.  Her passion was Dora and Elmo.  Her mother and I had been separated and were waiting for our divorce to become official.  I was living with my Parents.  My career path had radically changed when I left my cushy, well compensated retail job, to being to work at the family business.  Five years ago, I was driving a Hyundai Tiburon.  Five years ago I met the most incredible woman I have ever met who surprises me every day with how supportive, loving, kind, and generous she is.  She is beautiful.  And five years ago she supported my first endeavor, www.alliance-wrestling.com. I am somewhat of an entrepreneur, managing a few blogs, a few wrestling sites, along with working as an Office Manager for our family business.


Ten years ago, what a whirlwind.  A single guy living the life.  Not a care in the world.  A well respected Supervisor position at my the cushy retail job.  Was going to community college studying to be fancy businessman.  Living in an Apartment about 50 yards from where I live today (oddly enough) in Orange County, CA.  Ten Years ago today, my brother and I embarked on a trip to Florida, the first and last time I was ever in that State.  Ten Years ago I was celebrating my favorite baseball teams first ever trip to the World Series, I would be at Game 7 where the Angels would win it all.  It would be that night that would later inspire my second online endeavor, www.first2third.net.  I was going to be Business Manager.

Fifteen years ago, I was eighteen.  I had graduated High School, how did I manged to graduate with honors?  I was in the best shape of my life.  Wrapped up my amateur sport career, Varsity Lettering in Football, Wrestling, and Track, was labeled a Three-Sport Athlete... the last time anyone would confuse me for an athlete.  I would finally get my driver's license.  I would start at said cushy retail job.  I would move away from mom and dad for the first time.  I would first venture to community college having no idea how many opportunities I had blown for myself.  I thought I knew it all and yet I had so much to learn.  I was going to be a Marketing Executive, I was going to do commercials. 

Twenty Years ago I had began to learn what sacrifice and hard work really meant.  Twenty years ago, I started my foray into high school wrestling.  I was going to be a Journalist.  The only courses I enjoyed were my Business Courses, History, and English.  At the ripe age of 13, I was lazy, but smart. 

Twenty-Five Years ago, I was eight.  Almost the age of my daughter now.  I was in Second Grade.  Suffered my first ever injury, a sprained wrist. 

Thirty Years ago, I was three... Sure there are gaps in my life.  Sure there are things I'm leaving out.  But I'm 33 Years Old.  I'm with the woman of my dreams.  My daughter makes me proud.  My passion for baseball and wrestling have turned into a side job.  And I have an amazing family. 

If you read all this, thanks.  Not sure why you did. 

No comments:

Search & Win