Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Consider -- LA Traffic

I don't know how you guys do it.  Folks who live in the city of Los Angeles or work their commuting in traffic for hours at a time.  In my previous employment I used frequently drive to Burbank, Pasadena, Glendale, Irwindale, Fullerton, all from our hub in Long Beach.  But nothing was as bad as what I endured Friday.  The only time I ever care to drive 3 1/2 hours is when I'm on route to Las Vegas.  Although I was driving to pick up a prize, I hate traffic.

Pujols Billboard on 710 FWY

My journey started in Long Beach.  My mission was to pick up my prize I had won on the Petros and Money.  Little did I know I'd be like the Castaways on a three hour tour.  Google Maps said it would be about 30 minutes.  Yikes.  So taking the 405 to 710, to the 5, to the 134 Freeway was a very long process. It was so slow I was able to snap a picture of this billboard for use in a future First2Third.net post. As I was explaining traffic was horrendous.  Getting to Burbank only took an hour, so I guess I should be thankful for that.  It was the drive home that was miserable.   I was stuck on the 5 by Stadium Way for far too long.  Thoughts of the boogeyman Frank McCourt looking down on me shook me to the core.  

The only cool part was that I actually did get prize.  And I saw the freaking Batmobiles!  Apparently they were shooting commercials.  I wasn't the only one staring and taking pictures.  Needless to say I was very happy to return to Orange County where the 5 Freeway stretches four to five lanes.  This post is really more to share that I actually do travel to Los Angeles/Hollywood/Burbank quite frequently, but I don't like it.  Los Angeles Traffic awful.  If you live or have to travel through LA, you have my sincerest sympathy... LA Traffic is the worst!

No comments:

Search & Win